Sunday, July 23, 2006

It was NICE!

I could tell a definite difference in the humidity level this morning when I let the dog out. It almost felt cool. No blanket of warmth the minute your face hit the outside of air conditioning.
The day started lazy. We had planned to be at the base at 8 am to do grocery shopping as soon as the store opened, but I didn't even wake up until 8:30! After grocery shopping we had planned to hit the beach, but it was still so nice when we got home that we decided to just enjoy the yard and pool for the day.
After I got the groceries all put away, lunch eaten and the Sunday paper read, I was exhausted and napped for two hours! WOW! Couldn't believe that! I finished up a paper bag album I had been working on, and cleaned the scraproom up. Decided it it was time for a swim. DH & I lounged around the pool for a few hours and had just gotten out when DS3 came home for dinner between the double shifts he is working today. He gave us a hard time for being "lazy" and I replied with the typical teenage reply, "Sucks to be U!" LOL!
DH grilled Bratwurst on the grill and we accompanied it with broccoli salad, macaroni salad and sweet tea. YUMMY! Pre meal while he grilled were fresh bing cherries. YUMMY!
After dinner, he and I got reading material and sat on the back patio reading and enjoying the breezes for about an hour. We took turns throwing the ball for the dog, so he would be happy too. So nice, So peaceful. Days like this is what makes it worth living.
Tomorrow he heads back to work, while I have a day planned browsing Michaels, HL and Jo's. Like I tell him, if I don't use the coupons they send, they will quit making them! Hopefully my new Cricut will be delivered and I will stop by work to pick it up also.
But today was nice. I needed that!

:J