Saturday, July 15, 2006

It Rained!

This morning DH & I were sitting in the living room, shades closed, drinking our morning coffee and discussing the progress of the day, when suddenly it dawned on me that there was an unfamiliar noise happening. Then I realized it was the sound of rain hitting the leaves outside the window! The most amazing thing about the rain was there it was sunny out and we had no thunder or lightning. We watched it rain a few minutes and figured with the sun shining, and the steady rainfall, that this was one of those Florida humidity showers that briefly interupts whatever it is you are doing. Finally after about 20 minutes DH said he needed to head to the bank and get back as he wanted to work on both the cars today. Off he went and an hour later I peeked out the back door to see this.
It was still raining pretty hard. The dog and the cat acted like two kids who had been trapped in the house for days. Chasing each other all over the house, tearing up rugs and each other. After about an hour and 45 minutes, the rains stopped, the sun came out and life returned to normal. As usual, a daytime shower in Florida is followed by unbearable humidity so I'm in the house for the day. Until time I can hit that pool for my afternoon swim.

watering at the westerngate,
:J Posted by Picasa