Yesterday my darling husband and I ventured out to the WM that's across town. We needed various things and shopping at that WM as opposed to the WM down the street, is a much more pleasurable experience.
I like the craft dept on that side, and while we were at the WM over there, I picked up two boxes of buttons to use in my crafts. I had full intentions of paying for them with money I had saved, but when we got to the check out counter my darling husband said to put them up there with the rest of our purchases.
Well this morning DH & I went back to that side of town for breakfast at one of our favorite spots, The Reef. While we were eating breakfast, I mentioned I wanted to go back to the WM since we were on that side of town again. He looked at me like I was nuts and asked "Why?"
"Well it's like this, last week I had $36 dollars. I told myself that if I had $20 left by Saturday then I would treat myself to those two boxes of buttons. Well, I had $20 and intended to pay for them last night, but YOU INSISTED on paying for them. SO I still have $20 to spend on buttons and there's one more box I don't have. SO I want to go by WM and buy those buttons."
He looked at me like I had grown 4 ears. "I guess there is logic in that somewhere," he said.
"Well dear, you don't have to go in, I will only be a minute, and then we can go on with what we have planned for the rest of the day," I said.
As we pulled up to WM, I asked if there was anything he needed and he gave me that look. I told him I was going to get a bottle of water and asked if he wanted one. He gave me that look. So then I asked him if he wanted me to put money on the WM card so we could get gas while we were there. He gave me that look. So I jumped out of the car, got my buttons, my water and the gift card and then hopped back in the car. We got gas and went on with our merry way. I'm happy. But was feeling guilty for some reason or another. So when we got to the Navy base I told him he should go ahead and get the golf clubs he has been eyeing all summer every time we go in the store. And he did. I figure that gives me rights to spend as much as he did on the clubs right? Silly man, he just doesn't get it.
Left him wondering,
:J







