Monday, July 31, 2006

See Mom Does Know Everything!

This evening after dinner, DH, DS3 and I were sitting around enjoying conversation at the dinner table. DS3, Patrick's cell phone rang, he looked to his father for permission to answer and since we were done eating, he nodded yes.
At this point I have to back up to this afternoon when I got home from work. I asked Patrick what his plans were for the evening and if he would be home for dinner. He told me yes he would eat with us, but he was going to a baseball game after. Okay fine.
About a half hour later he said his plans had changed, that he probably wouldn't go to the ball game but was going to Barnes & Nobles. HUH? WHY? Who are you going with? Katrina? (his latest GF that I knew about). No, he was going with someone else. Who? He wasn't telling.
Fast forward back to dinner. After the person on the other line must have asked what he was doing I heard him tell that he had just finished dinner with his parents. Then he said "No I am not going to tell her hello for you!"
Aha! I thought, someone I know! All the kids from school, especially the girls, want to say hi to me when they call. DH said "I bet it's that redheaded girl, the one you didn't like, who skipped school to come over here when no one was home, I bet that's who he's talking to"
By then Patrick had left the room, but said, "I'll tell you who it is after I hang up" and to which I told him I wanted 3 guesses first.
Well after he hung up DH guessed the red head, to which Patrick disgustingly said "NO!"
(thank you God) I prayed.
So I guessed, "____, (the girl you work with and used to date)"
His eyes got as wide as saucers and his mouth dropped. "How did you know???"
"Mothers know everything and don't ever forget it" I replied.
Actually between you girls and me, It was a very lucky guess!

Left him wondering tho!

:J