This is the time of year when selfish me comes out. I guess because I am spoiled year round, I get really selfish this time of year. Or at least I think I am.
I'm selfish because when I ask what someone wants for Christmas, I really want to know. I work too hard all year to just go out and buy something to give you as a gift just so I can say I bought you something. I really want to buy you something you want. Isn't that what Christmas morning gift giving is all about? Getting what you want?
So this noon, gift giving was the topic of discussion at lunch. I was met with alot of "I don't know" "I don't care" or "A million dollars". What is it about guys not knowing?
Not knowing has never been a problem for me. Ask me anytime what I want and I can give you at least 5 things in 5 seconds. I didn't have any problem holding up my end of the discussion when it came to gift giving.
I used to tell the kids when they were teens that all I wanted was a clean house and kids who loved me. LOL! They still answer that whenever I ask them what they want. If money were no object and VISA were endless, I would get them what ever they wanted. But that isn't so, so I just want to know what they would like $300 or less. Maybe I will just give them money. They could go out after Christmas, shop the sales, and get exactally what they want. It would make for a boring Christmas morning, no presents, no reason to get up early. Which brings me to what I really want for Christmas. Really, Really, I want to go to my in laws for Christmas again. I miss being around the whole family, the big group. Where everyone stands in line for the one bathroom. We take turns with each other cooking and doing dishes. Where a 19 year old gets to be 8 again and play with the cousins throwing snowballs. I want family. I love my husband and my boys, but we see each other all the time. I want to be with everyone. More than everything I put on that list today, I want to be with family. Santa Please!
:J







