It's been one of those weekends where nothing got done, but we accomplished alot. Despite feeling yucky off and on, things got done, even if they weren't on the list.
Thursday night started with the first home basketball game of the season, devastating loss by one point. I had left at half time, only to hear the result the next day. So Friday night I was determined to stay for the whole game. I was not disappointed! It was a well played game against a much larger team. It was good to see our boys play clean defense, pass the ball around and move to make plays. The fourth quarter was a nail biter as we came from six points down to make it a back and forth game the entire quarter and finally tie it up at the final buzzer, OVERTIME. Our kids showed their maturity as they outplayed their oponents to win by 4 points! WOOHOO! The prinicpal and I took turns not looking and having heart attacks as things went good, bad, good, bad to finally very good. I really like the new coach, he accomplishes getting some respect and discipline from his team and it shows on the court. The boys aren't wearing sagging, baggy clothes and he even told them to tell the girlfriends goodbye. Between basketball & grades they won't have time! This promises to be a good season!
Saturday was weekly grocery shopping & run to the base exchange. I scored a 24.75 lb turkey at the commissary! If I'm cooking a bird, I'm making it worth my while. Good thing too, DS1 called tonite to say that he thinks he and the fiance will be able to make it home after all! I also found a Christmas pressie for my sister who is hard to buy for and we got ink for the printer.
Hauling in all that food, required a nap from me while DH checked the pool, the yard and putzed outside. We lazed around the rest of the day until about 6 when I convinced him that if I didn't use those Michael's and Hobby Lobby coupons, they would quit putting them in the paper for me. LOL! I picked up the rest of my sister's Christmas present at Michael's, and a Crop a dile for me at HL. I'd tell you what I got her, but she sometimes reads here. We also hit Sam's where we got a Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake to "munch".
Sunday we did laundry, cleaned house and watched football. I scrapped a bit, finishing a CJ I am putting in the mail tomorrow. I am glad to have that out of the way, now I can concentrate on Christmas scrapping! I cleaned the scraproom so I can breathe in here now. Sunday night I made 5 Pumpkin Cheesecake Rolls. 3 of them went to school with me today where they were consumed by the staff, and 2 are for dinner Thursday. I deeply dislike Pumpkin Pie, so this is what we eat instead.
That was it, while nothing spectacular was accomplished, alot got done. Life goes on another day.
:J







