Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Day, not Quite as Planned

Okay so things did not go exactally as planned Turkey day. Around my house things happen that way, we adjust, move on and get over it. I guess that's what getting older has done for me.
I didn't get to watch the Macy's Parade. BUT I did get to watch the McDonald's Parade from Chicago. Our local HS band was in it, "The Pride" from Escambia High School, my older boy's alma mater. But it kind of ticked me off because they didn't mention Escambia High, just Pensacola, but we have 9 high schools in Pensacola!
We didn't have pie, no pie, nada, zilch. The Schwann's guy just didn't get here so I couldn't bake it. We didn't have Chocolate Torte. No room in the fridge, so I didn't make it. We did have Pumpkin/Cream Cheese roll and Poor Farmer's cheesecake. It was more than enough and yum-0!
There were no candied yams on our table. Why? Ditzbrain, me, forgot to buy them! Actually I thought I still had a can in the pantry, I didn't. I was the only one disappointed, and DH promised to go to the best place in town that makes yams, Cole's, and get me my very own serving of their candied yams. I'll settle for that!
No Nap afterwards really, the tv was too loud, and the game too exciting! LOL!
Dessert at Lynn's was a load of fun. Fun catching up with the kids, watching Lynn's adorable DGS, Schyler get into mischeif. What a cutie he is! DH & the guys loved watching the football games on Howards 60+ inch big screen. I didn't know tv's came that huge! I felt like I was on the sidelines the little bit I watched it!
So the guys were in one room watching football on the big screen tv, the girls in the Florida room catching up and playing with the grandkids. Isn't that what Thanksgiving really is about? People you love, food too fattening, all together in one fell swoop? I guess my Thanksgiving is what I planned after all.
How was yours?

:J