Monday, November 19, 2007

Another Day of Pictures

These are of our last night at the beach, the night Ben, Sarah and I walked forever and didn't go in until dark. None of us wanted to leave. We didn't talk much that night, just walked and enjoyed the beach. It was quite chilly that evening, but never chilly enough for Ben to stay out of the water. Here he is in his hoodie and jeans, but barefoot and in the water. I think he was meant to be a beach bum.
 

Along our walk we saw a momma sandpiper and six of her babies. We followed her up and down the beach. I got several pictures, but this one shows the whole brood, eating while the surf goes out.
 

This crab fooled us. We thought he was alive, until we got close. He wouldn't move. Either he is part possum, or he was just too cold to move! Ben wanted to bring him home, but we said NO! So I promised him a picture so he could show the guys in his Cub Scout Den.
 

Finally one of my favorite sunset shots. The brown pelicans were making their way home for the night too. Probably somewhere warm. The sky was turning wonderful shades of orange, magenta and pink. It is said that is why it's called Orange Beach. Because of how orange the sky gets there.
 

I guess that's it for the pictures. If you want to see more, email me and I'll send you the link to my web album. But I have to warn you, there's 300+ pictures! I love digital!
Our next vacation will be in July in the Wisconsin woods. Home, where our hearts are.

:J
Posted by Picasa