Friday, November 23, 2007

Table Talk

I'm sure everyone's Thanksgiving dinner has it's craziness. Thanksgiving at our house is no exception. Dinner went off without a hitch. Everything was done on time, I didn't burn anything, or forget anything like I have in years past. (okay the yams were a bit underdone, it wasn't a "perfect" meal). But I have to say, anytime I put my stuffing on the table, the family is in nirvana, the meal perfect.
But Daniel & Felicia were on time, actually an hour early. The turkey was moist and delicious, the stuffing perfect, and I had all the "right" foods. Although Patrick panicked when he saw a large, large bowl of stuffing and said "is that ALL the stuffing??", everyone was food happy. (I did have one more bowl of stuffing stashed) Here is our happy family trying to fit around the table in my tiny dining room. (Thanks Kev, for the "we need to expand this room" comment) Rick is at the head, Kevin to the left, then Daniel, Felicia, my much older sister, and Patrick.
 

The guys chowed in, almost forgetting prayer. I really raised them better, I did! Speaking of raising better, the true test of a girlfriend at our house is if she can survive Thanksgiving dinner conversation. Raising three boys all these years, we have learned to accept that no subject is off limits at dinner. Alot of times it was the only time we sat down together, so the only time we had to talk as a family, and we talk about everything! Felicia has survived a few dinner conversations, as has Erica, who while not at this dinner, has survived "conversational dinners" before. Thus they are keepers!
 

This year's conversation lived up to our normal dinner conversation standards. It jumped around to quite a few topics finally settling on whether or not my brother's house, the one we grew up in, is haunted. The house we grew up in was one of the first built in our hometown. It is at least 150 years old, sits up on a hill, with a woods behind it, and has nooks and cranies, spiders and webs, and let's face it, has all the potential for haunted house status. The boys all told their "haunted house" and basement stories. Then the really spooky part, in the midst of all this, my brother calls! We put him on speaker phone and he joined in on the conversation. It was a great meal!
The guys did the dishes. I rested, we watched football, football and more football. (speaking of, how bout dem Packers! and the tribute to Brett? I cried). Kevin's friend, John came to visit. John is so fun! He showed up to start the BS about next week's football game, Packer's vs Cowboys. John wore his Cowboys jersey. Of course he thinks the "young Brett Favre" Tony Romo, will lead the Cowboys to victory, while we know the "old Tony Romo", Brett Favre will lead the Packers to be 11 and 1. It will be an interesting week.
One last picture of Daniel sneaking out with all the leftovers. "The Food Police", his brothers, made sure he didn't take all the stuffing, but complained that he took the leftover pizza from two nights ago.
 
Posted by Picasa

It never ends! At least I hope not! I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was this blessed.

:J