I've decided that today I am Jealous. Jealous of all those people who already have it all together for Christmas. Jealous of all those people who get to have snow for Christmas. Just Jealous, because that's how I'm feeling.
I truly miss snow. I know you don't hear many former Mid westerners saying that, but I do. I miss snow. It covers everything and makes it perfect again. It gives a new perspective on the world around you. I miss walking in snow, at night, when it's snowing. I miss watching snow fall. I miss snow on the roofs, the windowsills, and porchrails. I miss snow.
The picture in my Title is the snow in my in-laws back yard. I miss snow there too. I miss the woods in snow. To me heaven would have snow anytime I wanted it. To wake up in the quietness of the morning after the earth has been blanketed with fresh fallen snow. That's heaven.
To me snow means Christmas. Since I don't have snow, it has never felt like Christmas in about 20 years. btw, that makes it official, I have lived in Florida longer than I have lived anywhere else, so I am a Floridian. But I still miss snow.
If I had snow, I would feel like putting up the tree, shopping, doing the cards, the baking, the decorating, the parties. But I don't have snow, so to me, it's just another day in paradise.
:J







