Well, a good vacation comes to an end. Tomorrow I return to work after 2 weeks off. I know I return to a pile of paperwork, a week of attendance and a whole bunch of other mundane activities. But having this time off was worth it. Soooo worth it.
I crammed as much as I could into these two weeks. Things I wanted to do, not had to do. I didn't do ALL the things I wanted to get done this past two weeks, but then, I don't think two weeks was enough to do everything! I did get to visit my two LSS. I had a great week at the beach, with family I love being around. I did get to shop, and get a little Christmas shopping done. I got to scrapbook a few days, all day.
Did I finish everything I wanted to scrap? Oh no! If I had that done, what would I do with myself? But early darkness is here, and scrapping will give me something to do besides watch TV. I'm on a scrappin' roll now, inspired and creating!
I slept in a few days, but I still feel sleepy. Not tired, sleepy. When I feel sleepiest and go take a nap, I don't sleep long. I think I just a light sleeper. I hear everything, the kids walking through the house, the dog, cell phones beeping, you know, stuff that goes on all night long. I have no problem going to sleep. But once I'm asleep after a few hours I wake up. Then for the rest of the night it's like napping. Oh well!
I did get the house cleaned up. Not once but twice! But we didn't get the carpets shampooed, or the tree up, or the fall stuff put away. But it's okay. I had a very enjoyable two weeks off!
To celebrate our last Sunday home, and because Kevin was here, I made Cinnamon Rolls. They were so good! Here's a pic after Rick and I got done eating. Talk about a sugar high! I was buzzing. I'll post the recipe too, in case you need a good sugar rush.
Off to enjoy my last few hours of freedom!
:J
CROWD PLEASER CINNAMON ROLLS
4 to 41/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 package Fast Rising Active Dry Yeast
2/3 cup of Milk
2/3 cup of Water
½ cup of Sugar
½ cup of Cooking Oil
½ teaspoon of Salt
2 Egg Yolks
¼ cup of Butter or Margarine, softened
1/3 cup of Sugar
4 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing (recipe follows)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of the Flour and the Yeast. In a small saucepan, combine the Milk, Water, the ½ cup of Sugar, Oil and Salt. Heat; stir over medium heat until just warm (120 degrees – 130 degrees).
2. Add the Milk mixture and the Egg Yolks to the dry mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl often. Beat on High Speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining Flour as you can.
3. Turn dough out onto a flowered surface. Knead enough of the remaining Flour to make a moderately soft dough that’s smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes). Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out dough to form a 14 x 12 inch rectangle. Spread with Softened Butter or Margarine. Sprinkle with a mixture of 1/3 cup of Sugar and Cinnamon.
5. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting from the long side. Seal seam. Slice into 12 equal pieces. Place in greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled in size (about 20 minutes).
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly; remove from pan. Frost warm rolls with Cream Cheese Icing. Serve rolls warm or cool on a wire rack. Makes 12.
CREAM CHEESE ICING
In a medium mixing bowl, beat on 3-ounce cream cheese, softened, 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened, and ½ teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 Tablespoon of Milk. Gradually add 1 ½ cups of sifted powdered sugar until icing is of spreading consisitency.








