In 2004 when our friend, Ivan, came to visit, among many things, he left us with a pine tree without a top. We don't know where the top ended up, the stump remained. We wanted to cut down the remaining part of the tree following Ivan's departure, but our elderly neighbor, Mickey begged us not to.
Even tho the remaining truck listed perilously toward her carport, she stated her case by saying that the tree remained a home to the birds she fed daily. Since Ivan completely removed our Mulberry tree the birds so loved, and my husband being the big hearted sucker he is, we left the tree alone, till yesterday.
Mickey's wonderful children (note sarcasm here please) who didn't have time to check on Mickey, put her in an assisted living home, we have no reason to keep the tree. No birds are nesting there this year. Yesterday morning as I was leaving for work, I noticed the tree looked like it was listing a bit more, probably from our recent storms.
I called Hubby at work, in a panic, and exclaimed, "That tree is listing closer to the neighbor's yard! Have you noticed that?" He didn't, but I did. That began the Dad & Pat adventure to bring down the tree. First they tied a rope, and Patrick contemplated the blisters he might get.
Then his Dad said "Suck it up" and they pulled, and pulled. Now you would think as rotten as the tree looks, and as many precuts Rick made with the chainsaw, that two strong men could just pull that tree over. But they couldn't.
As Patrick pulled, Rick went back to make another cut. I took pictures, prayed, and held the phone ready to call 911. I just knew that Bubba & Paddy were going to put that tree down on themselves or my pool. But Rick cut, and Patrick pulled and finally
they hooked the rope up to my truck and pulled with that. OVER came the tree.







