Sunday, June 15, 2008

Following Kip's Lead

Because I really haven't slowed down enough to collect my thoughts to post. I'm going to follow Kip's lead and post my senses.

I SEE Dakota laying on the floor in front of me. He's hoping I'll get up and give him a treat. The TV is behind me with the college World Series on, GO FSU! Even tho they aren't playing today.

I HEAR the dryer, with an occasional button hitting the metal tub. The announcer is talking baseball on the TV, and wishing all their male family members a Happy Father's Day. That's nice. Dakota is panting.

I TASTE the Banana Split Dessert I made for Father's day/Patrick's 21st birthday. The strawberries were extra good from Sam's. I ate enough of them while I was cutting them up, I would know.

I SMELL a bit of the dryer sheet that's in the tumbling dryer. I love the smell of clothes drying. I'm also smelling a little of Patrick as he hugged my neck not 10 minutes ago before he left. I wish I could hold that with me forever.

I'm TOUCHING my keyboard right now. But today I touched the scraproom as I also cleaned and sorted in there. It was such a mess. I also touched the fruit in the dessert, the homemade whipped cream (okay I tasted that too!) and lots of dishwater (I don't have a dishwasher).

So how bout you? Make sure to visit Kip too and let her know!