Yesterday was a long day with lots put into it. We sat around for two hours just chatting. Finally decided to go to Denny's for breakfast.
At Denny's we ran into Kev's old HS GF, her son and husband. They were "the couple" for their class all through HS. Then when Kevin went to Tallahassee, they broke it off. They are still friends and had a nice chat.
From Denny's we headed to the Navy base for iPod shopping, or at least that was our ruse. We looked at iPods, Kevin wants a new one before they go to Japan. I think he should wait and get one there! So we came home iPodless, but with clothes, candles and pedicure stuff! At least Erica & I did! Kevin came home with Capt. Morgan, which was $4 cheaper than he can buy it for.
Erica & I did not have our fill of shopping so we headed to Hobby Lobby and Beall's. I found a gazing ball for the garden & a fern stand. Of course I can't go to HL without buying scrap stuff! Just a staz-on ink pad tho.
Beall's yielded a pair of Clark's on sale. Erica found a couple of beach cover ups. She's heading to Hawaii next week with her family to meet her sister from Japan. She's excited about that. In August, she & Kevin fly to Japan, where her sister lives. Kevin & Erica are both excited about that!
The evening was filled with dinner and more friends visiting. Kev's friend John & his wife stopped by to get Kev & Erica for a night of bowling. We are trying to convince John, who teaches English, to make the move to our HS. He teaches at his alma mater right now, but is frustrated. I think he'd be a good fit at our HS. We'll see in a few days when transfers go through. I'm hoping he will end up with us, he coaches football too.
I hear people stirring and I've promised biscuits & gravy for breakfast. Patrick will be over soon also. Then I think the kids are headed for the beach. Me? I'm going to relax in the pool and then take a nap!







