Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mind Gatherings

It's been a busy few days. Days filled with mostly good happenings here. I just hope I can coherently tell you about them all.

21 My Baby turned 21 on Father's day. 21! He visited us on this momentous occasion. We grilled salmon on the grill and I made Strawberry Banana Split dessert. The birthday boy, DH & I sat around the pool and had interesting conversations. Conversations that really didn't scare me like some of our conversations have. The baby talked about wanting to get his pilots license. At $200 an hour for lessons, it's not going to happen tomorrow. But it's managable. It was an enjoyable evening.
Also enjoyable was our "date". Last night I met him after work at O' Charley's. We were going to have dinner and go shopping. But he decided he didn't want to shop. So we had dinner and more great conversation. Afterwards we walked over to Books a Million where I helped him find a cookbook magazine. It was such a nice night. I think if he weren't my son, I would have swooned!
I did take his 21st birthday picture, but the camera is not cooperating and uploading. I have got to figure out what is up with that.

The weekend crop was fun. I met some neat girls, Barbie from Biloxi and Audrey from Arkansas. Seriously. I just realized their names match where they are from! Audrey and I have the same taste in clothes. We found that out on Friday when we both showed up in the same shirt. Too funny! People kept asking if we realized that. We were sitting across from each other, do you think we noticed?
Classes didn't do so well. Of 10 classes only 4 had any students, and the most in any class was 4. I guess the girls here just aren't class takers.
I'm looking forward to the crop in ten days. My much older sister will join me for that one. I'm teaching 4 classes for that one. How fun! Come join us!

Today I'm off to meet Jackie for breakfast. She's going to fill me in on gossip she heard at a party she went to this past weekend. I'm going to fill her in on what she's missing.
So I'm off, everyday is an adventure!