I left work early Thursday to go to graduation. It was awesome! It was amazing when the Superintendent rattled off our grads accomplishments, including over 2 million dollars in scholarships! We are blessed with an awesome group of kids, every year.
I then stayed for the next graduation. Where my friend Lori's daughter graduated. Here we have "Graduation week" 3 graduations a day for a week. Yes, there are that many High Schools in our county. 8 public High Schools and several private HS hold graduations at the Civic Center. Thank goodness, Savana was at the beginning at her schools graduate line. I only stayed to watch her walk across the stage and then left.
I came home grabbed a bite to eat, took a power nap and headed off to the Navy base for our Project Graduation. WHAT FUN! What great kids! If anyone has any doubt in the future of our world, they need to spend time with our grads! They get along so well. I say that every year, but they do! They are so well behaved, so well mannered, but sooooo much fun! They just get along so amazingly well! I wonder if it's because they only spend 4 years together, not all their lives.
I chaperoned in the bowling alley for 2 hours and the pool for two hours. Both places were full! Such a nice night for the pool, I almost wished I'd brought my suit.
But they got me, as good as they are, some little demon got me. After the hypnotist, a riot by the way, we gave away the door prizes. I had them fill out papers with their names. So I'm up front calling out names, giving out prizes, everything is moving along so great and I pull out a name and without even thinking, call out "Ben Dover" and it hit me! "oh no you didn't!" "Who did this too me??"
"I just can't believe Ya'll did this to me!" Yep, they got me with the old Bend Over. Later, one of DH's lineman who I tease back and forth with admitted to the deed. OH I was so embarrassed!
By the time the little darlings got on the bus at 5:30 a.m., I was ready for bed. I hit the hay about the time DH's alarm rang for him to get up. I slept til 10 and gave up and got up. I bought my plane ticket to go to the family reunion in July. Despite leaving from two different locations, DH and I will meet in Memphis and the rest of our flights are all together! I love when a plan works out!
I putzed around the house, straightening up as DS1 & fiance' and DS2 and his girlfriend were coming over. I thought DS2 & GF wouldn't get here til well after 5. He called about noonish and said they were just leaving Tallahassee. Cool! I could get a nap and then finish straightening. So I put on the relaxing CD, got my pillow, and was just laying down on the sofa for that nap when I noticed a someone walk through the yard. Two someones. Thinking it was DS1 and Felicia, I got back up. NO! It was Kevin and Erica! He called me as soon as he got off the interstate to say they were leaving, when really they were arriving!
Dan & Felicia arrived shortly after and we spent the afternoon chatting and catching up. Felicia and Erica when through my scrap giveaways and both went home with a nice sized stash of stuff.
DH arrived home and while Kev & Erica got ready for the wedding, we chatted with Dan & Felicia some more. Mostly about cars, mainly the Camaro Dan is rebuilding, but some about wedding plans. No date, but there are plans.......
Finally all the company went on their way, DH and I settled down for pizza and a movie. Juno, and if you haven't seen it, GET IT! Soo good. Now I'm off to bed. I hope I can sleep in a bit, but I doubt it.
It was a good 24 hours, with more to continue tomorrow. I am blessed.







