Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Weekend Has Come and Gone

It's Monday! Why doesn't that thrill me? It was a great weekend, probably our last with really nice weather. I'll miss weekends like this one. We fit so much in to two days. None of it involved housework.
Saturday was a beach day. I headed out to Johnson's beach with Linda. After stops at WM, gas station and the convienence store we finally got there. It was gorgeous. I love that beach, Saturday was as crowded as I have ever seen it, and even then it was not crowded at all. But when you are used to seeing 100 yards between folks and it was down to 20-30 yards, I guess that's crowded. We stayed til about 4 and then came home. I could have stayed all evening.
Yesterday was busy with outside stuff. Staining drawer boxes, weeding, and mowing. Patrick was here most of the day, so he helped Rick alot with the pool. He said he had his own lawn to mow, so he didn't volunteer to do ours. I got most of the back done. The mower quit on me 4/5ths of the way done. I was on a roll too! That meant it was time to go scrap! I finished my dry erase board for the crop in June. While I worked on that, I watched the ACM awards. I was happy with most people who won.
We had a delicious dinner of shrimp, tater salad, broccoli salad and coleslaw. We ate til we were stuffed. I really think Patrick comes home for the food! LOL!
Well I have a few things to do before work. I made a Banana Split dessert to take to work. I can't wait to eat it! I even made real whipped cream for the topping. (I've never done that) Yummy!
I hope your day is wonderful!
See my new signature? I found it on my friend Teri's blog. Isn't it neat?