Monday, May 12, 2008

Yes, I'm Still Alive!

It flows from so very boring to very busy, up and down, round about. Love this roller coaster I live on! Let's see, what's been going on with me.

Well I didn't chaperone the fan bus, not enough kids signed up. We were afraid of that since we also had a spring football game that night. Our Baseball team lost both it's games on Friday, which put them out of it for this year. The good news is that both of our great pitchers are only juniors and we have a very good team returning next year.

The spring intersquad game went very well on Friday night. DH's DLine looked strong. They were even missing one of their good players. He was out because he tore the muscle off the bone in regional weightlifting contest. He'll be back in the fall. I think we are in for a good season next year, we'll see how the jamboree goes on Friday night. It was really nice to just sit in the stands and watch a game. No ticket taking, no fussy parents, no half time run to the bank. I liked it so much, I may resign from my ticket gate duties!

The weekend was nice. My friend, Linda, and I spent Saturday morning at the beach picking up shells for an upcoming class I'm teaching in June. I wish I were down at St. Pete where I could get some spiral shells and a few of the pretty ones I saw down there. But I'm not, and the shells we found really match the paper I'm using perfectly! I think this weekend we are going to head to Ft. Morgan or Ft. Pickens and see what we can find there.

It's been busy getting everything ordered for the classes in June. It's all starting to come in and I am getting so excited! As soon as I get the projects complete, I'll post them. Two weekends of scrappin' fun! But no Hilltop crops for me. Overcommitted got to me! I will miss the girls from HT!

Mother's Day was quiet. Patrick came over and hung out, Daniel & Kevin called. Rick bought me roses, very pretty ones, I really need to get a pic posted. It was unbearably hot outside, so I stayed in.

Work has been unbearable. Someone got has their panties in a wad and it has all the staff upset, including the big P. I hope it ends soon. Only 11 more days of school with students. I love summers! Even tho I work, it's quiet, we do potluck lunches, it's almost vacationy! Still waiting to hear if we get to work four 10 hour days. It sure would save on gas if we could!

Well, I think that catches me up. Life goes on and on....

:J