Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunny Sunday

I'm sitting on the lower back deck at my house and it's Mid May. I'm chilled. Temperature chilled. The weather has been unbelievably cool, I'm loving every minute.
I know that soon it will be unbearably hot and humid. The kind of weather that makes me long for the Midwest summers I grew up with. Where at least in the shade it's cool. Not so here in NW Florida, the humidity follows you everywhere. But weather like we are having this weekend is the reason we stay in Florida, and I'm thankful we are blessed with an abundance of it this year.
I spent yesterday at the beach, relaxing with my friend Linda. We didn't even discuss work once. Husbands we discussed quite often, and our boy children (we only have boy children, me 3, her 2) with much love. Mostly we relished in the beautiful day, the gentle breezes and brightly colored seagulls, who entertained us all day long. We stayed much longer than we intended, but not as long as we wanted. It was one of those days where I wanted to watch the sun go down from the spot I was sitting.
We also were lucky enough to get a call from our shrimp lady. Everyone in the area has a "shrimp lady". A local who keeps a rolodex full of customers to call when the shrimp is good and the boats are running. Our shrimp lady is Lin, and she had lots of shrimp. So this morning, I deheaded 10 pounds of fresh gulf shrimp. Six pounds went in the freezer and three pounds are waiting in the fridge, ready to become dinner this afternoon. YUM YUM!
It's another day much too nice to stay inside, and I'm glad my house looks clean enough that it doesn't need my immediate attention. I won't be traveling to the beach, my sunburned right hip is pleading for me not to. But that's where I'd love to be. But I will pay some attention to my yard today. Relishing in this gorgeous weather!
I hope your day is just as nice.

:J