I kept it a secret pretty much, even from my hubby, so if you knew about this before Sunday, feel privledged. I told him then! I was asked to speak on Scrapbooking. Yeah, little ole me. A girl at work, found out I scrapbooked, saw my work, and asked me to speak at her temple (she's jewish) about scrappin'.
I have to say I was soooo nervous. But in the end it was soooo fun! There were about 10 ladies in attendance for the evening. A good comfortable group, mostly women my age or a little older, so I gave them my spiel. Hi, I'm Jayne, and I'm addicted to scrapbooking..... I told them basic supplies, went over the Acid free rule....and showed them my pages and creations. I threw a few of my favorite places around, HT, KnK, Unforgettable. So hopefully they went home, got online and shopped! They laughed at my jokes and stories, fed me brownies, and are now going to meet once a month to scrapbook. Most of them are virgin scrappers, one veteran, but a very fun group of women! They made me laugh as much as I made them laugh, one asked me when I first got there, "is this Creative Memories?" and I laughed. They couldn't beleive I wasn't selling something. A very fun night, very fun! And they invited me back!
So I'm worn out! Off to bed til another day!
Keep my friends in Palm Bay, Daytona and that area in your thoughts, send them a rain dance. The fires there are horrible!
:J







