Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another School Year Begins

Tomorrow, our teachers return. It's been just a few short months since they left, this summer went so fast! I think this has been the fastest summer I've ever had and it sure was a busy one. A roller coaster of a summer for sure.

My summer began with the big office switcheroo at work. I'm in a quieter office now, out of the way of traffic coming in the front door. It's a bit smaller, but the biggest office in our hall. I don't rate this office because I'm a SOMEbody, I just have to have lots of stuff to do my job. Stuff like file Cabinets, a huge paper shredder, printer and the like. Not to mention my big desk, to spread all those wonderful state reports around on. It's been different, but I love where I am now. I get the morning sunshine and not the blistering afternoon sun on my south and west wall, like I had before.

I had several weekend retreats of one kind or another. My first was the birthday crop in Valrico. Susie and I had a fun trip down to see the Hilltop girls and crop with them. Teri brought her daughter, Sara with her to spend the day with us. We had so much fun with Sara, she's a hoot! Then Teri came back and spent the night too! I just love Teri, she's so serious sometimes and a blast to be around all the time! Linda's crops are the BEST. I love those women and cherish the many great memories we've made at Hilltop Crops.

Next was the Girl's weekend at Jill's in North Carolina. From the pink limo, to the trip to Archiver's (twice) to just hanging on her back porch playing LCR. It was a weekend I'll never forget. Definitely on my fab 5 things I've done with the girls. Jill & Scott were such wonderful hosts, they have a beautiful home that makes you feel comfortable the minute you walk through the door. Thanks JILL! I'll never, ever forget your kindness.

I got to fly home for my nephew's wedding a short time after that trip. It's hard to believe he's grown with a wife and home. It seems like just yesterday he was a little twerp who was always looking for batteries to run his games. The wedding was one of the most beautiful I've ever been to. His new wife and her family are wonderful people and we feel blessed to have them join with ours. Again another wonderful weekend with wonderful people in a wonderful place.

The very next weekend was Teresa Collin's class at Ruban Rouge. WOW! What can I say. Such a talented scrapper, such a down to earth woman, I'm such a fan now. Her daughter was with her and what a lovely young woman she was. Just a joy to be there. Thanks to Kip and her lovely hospitality. I am so thankful she opens her home to me and it's just such a laid back, relaxing, homey time. No fuss, no muss, what you see is what you get, that's what I love about her! And her boys, Max & Mudgey, love those boys! They always greet me with licks and love (well after Mudge comes out from under the chair & Max is done trying to take a chunk our of me) But I just love them. We had such a great time that weekend with all the girls, pizza afterward, laughing and carrying on. Just what a girl needs.

So now school begins again and I must get my nose to the grindstone. It's been such a great time, filled with many memories. So many of my friends return to work tomorrow, cept Kip! because in case you haven't heard, SHE'S R E T I R E D! Have a great retirement friend!