Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Well It's Wednesday!

Can I just say I was exhausted by the time I got home on Tuesday? I think I was walking on autopilot from 5 p.m. on. It was all I could do to eat dinner and do two loads of laundry before I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. we registered over 300 new students. About 10 a.m. they pulled me off the computer and put me in the room with the guidance counselors to be a guidance counselor. Wow! It was steady all day and we didn't get to eat til 4 p.m.. Our two guidance counselors kept teasing me about making sure the paperwork was right (I'm always on them about that). They loved finding my mistakes! But we pulled through and got everyone done.

I enjoyed the one on one with each student. Most were so excited to start this new venture in their lives. Some were nervous, but I think I made them feel better. It's scary for them, especially older people coming in after being out of school so long. We did register a 79 year old lady for Culinary class. Can you imagine.

It feels good to be here today. I just got to Tallahassee and am in the hotel with my feet up. Tomorrow starts our F U N meetings. I'm just trusting the process........