I always loved the first day of school. New challenges, new friends, sometimes even a new school. The smell of chalk and freshly waxed floors, a clean notebook and a new desk with your name on it. I think the first thing I did was to open my reading book and see what new stories we would be reading. I loved a good story, still do.
Some things were always the same. Same bus stop, same driver, every year. Same cafeteria food. I had the same elementary principal, art teacher and music teacher every year.
We didn't have computers, or even tv. I remember when something important would be on TV we would all crowd into the music room and watch it. EVERYONE, the whole school! It wasn't a big TV either, just a small TV on a roll cart. But it was color!
I hope everyone has a good first day this year and a good school year too! Study Hard! Meet the challenge! READ everyday!
:J







