Sunday, August 20, 2006

It's Always a Good Day!

Whenever two or more of my boys are here, it's a great day at the Western Gate. Having DS2 here from Tallahassee has been a treat. I love listening to the boys do their brother stuff together. The challenges, the comments, discussions and yes, even the picking & namecalling. Although now it is very good natured, not like it was when they were younger.
DS3 took off work early yesterday to come home and spend time with his big brother, only to find out big brother had made dinner plans with friends. That left poor Patrick home with Mom & Dad, and although I cooked him a huge steak dinner, I could tell he was disappointed that he wasn't invited to go with Kevin. Some things never change!
This morning was great, we watched the Packer game on TV. I made them my special occasion hash brown casserole and we had a great morning. Before Kevin went to lay down for a nap, and Patrick left for work, they harassed me for saving the sausage grease for the dog and for cooking him his own egg. But like I told them, he (the dog) is my most obedient child, loves me unconditionally, comes to my defense EVERY time, and never sasses me!
This afternoon when Kevin & Erica pack to leave will come to soon. I want to go wake them both up and tell them I don't want to waste a second they are here.
In a few weeks we all will fly to Wisconsin for the family reunion. It will be Erica's first big meeting of the whole family. We have prepped her on what to do and not do. She knows she has to take a turn washing dishes at least once during her visit or she will be talked about for eternity. We just can't convince her to put on that Bears tshirt for the Bear/Packer game. Smart girl, I think we should keep her!

:J