Wednesday, August 23, 2006

So Today May Have Been a Better Day

It didn't start out so hot. I cried all the way to work, fumed all day and prayed. DS2 informed me as I was walking out the door for work that he "wants to take a semester off". Not the end of the world, but not the news a mom wants to hear from her child.
We, as a society, place a huge emphasis on a college education. Not everyone has to have a college education, I'm not saying that. I work in vocational education. I know the demand for carpenters, plumbers, electricians, nurses and mechanics. I guess it is different when your child who was devastated at his first B in 8th grade, now wants to "take a semester off" Just pray he goes back.
It was a busy day today, with lots of little interuptions. The lack of communication continues, and frustrates me know end. I think every sports schedule this fall, except one has had major last minute changes, something I have never had in the 6 years of being the Athletic secretary. But I am rolling with the punches.
I am finally to the point that I can start filing. Plus I get a new student assistant on Monday, I didn't even have to ask for one!
Tomorrow is the first home football game of the season, it's 9th grade, so should run smoothly.
AND I had a talk with that DDS2 (damdarlingson) when he got home from work this evening. Told him I was disappointed, and asked him to take just one or two classes to stay in the practice. He said he would do that.
AND my back doesn't hurt quite as much, I walked my mile & a half this afternoon, and even tho I had to look a little harder today, I did have blessings and it was a better day after all.

:J