Yes the rumor is true, today I turned 46. One year farther into adulthood, one year closer to being a senior citizen. Not that I buy into the age thing. It's not about age, it's about living life everyday! Besides somedays I still feel like a teenager, and some I feel 80 (usually directly following a day I THOUGHT I was still a teenager!)
I figure since I am older, I need at least two days to celebrate now. Yesterday, was a shopping, eating and napping day. While I napped, my DH shopped for gifts, and afterwards we drove to the beach to pick up a pizza, which we brought home and ate while watching Auburn cream Florida. WOOHOO! This Noles fan was glad to see that!
Today has been nice, quiet day. The kind I wished for when the boys were little. We made biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I got a new sewing machine from DH. My first brand new machine that has never been used by anyone! I have had a few sewing machines, but they were only hand me downs. The dog got me Photoshop Elements 5. He's such a good dog!
Patrick gave me a big hug & kiss before heading out to work two double shifts at Sonny's. He also thought I was only 42. Bless his heart!!! I love that boy.
So no big plans today, no cake, no party. My gifts, unmaterial, happen everyday. I am so blessed. It sometimes sounds so trite, but I truly relish the simple life I lead. As long as I wake up everyday next to my DH, my children are happy and productive young men, and I have a picture to scrap, life is good.
I will never see world peace, our world will never go back to what it was when I was a child. So I am thankful for every day God gives me, so I can make a difference for the good. That is the greatest gift, one more day.
:J







