Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Happier Week

I'm going to be more cheerful than my last post, so here's some things that made me happy lately.
Campfire at my sister's house. Every year toward the end of October, my sister holds a cookout/campfire for all her husband's retired work buddies and we always get invited. They make a huge campfire in their backyard, we eat potluck and sit around and discuss the "world situation" as she says. The group I sat near was discussing books they have read. One of the ladies had the most gorgeous southern lady drawl and I was satisfied to just sit and listen to her talk.
Packers Win! Yes they beat the Miami Dolphins this week. What made it even more joyous was three things. They beat the Dolphins so I was able to dish trash to all those Dolphin fans I work with who give me heck about my team every week. Go Pack! Second good thing. I came in First in the pool we have with a bunch of friends from DH's work. I picked the most winning teams this week! Since I am the only woman, it felt good to reap revenge on a bunch of Chauvenistic males. Third, Brett Favre threw no interceptions! WOOO HOO! Lately he has been plagued with interceptions.
The Fair. Friend Linda and I used the free passes that came with our cable bill to go peruse the exhibits at the fair. Really neat things there! Our HS kids placed first with their FFA booth (see blog two blogs ago) They worked hard on it. Looking at the other booths, I was glad to see my picks for the other places matched up with the judges.
Creepover I can hardly wait to get to this Scrapping Campout! What a blast it is going to be to finally meet Jules, Kip and Linda. We have shared many good times through our scrapping on cyber places, now it will get even better in person! I love the park we are going to, many good times when we camped there years ago!
I've been Googled! In checking my site meter, I noticed that some one in South Carolina googled my maiden name and it led them to this site. How I will never know. I can't think of any one I even know in So. Carolina, let alone anyone who would know my maiden name. So if you are still around, pop in and say HI!
Well that's it for happenings around here, I'm off to get ready for work, I think I will wear my new hippie blouse I have been waiting for cool weather to wear. If I don't get moving, I'll be late!!
Make today count!

:Jayne