This morning I fit in to a sweater. Not just any sweater, but one of those cutesy sleeveless sweaters with a matching cardigan. And not just any cutesy sleeveless sweater with matching cardigan, but a size 16/18 Misses sleeveless sweater with matching cardigan! I am basking in glory. However short lived!
Sure it could just be the brand. Sure it could just be cut large. But Helga and Berta fit into THIS sweater, on this day and I am rejoicing! Will they fit after I wash it? Will they fit next week with water weight gain? I don't know, but for now I can say, 16!!!!! Okay yes there is an 18 there too!
It just feels good to wear something that fits in the shoulders AND in the chest. It drapes my body as clothes should. It encourages me to try on other size 16/18 clothes and not head immediately to the "women's size" and browse through the granny clothes. I feel fashionable today. I feel cute. I feel skinny!
It may not be long lasting. I will probably pig out on some dessert that I don't need to eat, I will probably skip my walk a few days. I'll be back in the women's dept soon. But for now I am a size 16/18!
:J







