After yesterdays depressive blog I decided to think of some things that make me happy. In no particular order here they are;
1. Visiting my hometown. The picture above is taken at our State Park, Mississippi Palisades. Sorry it was hazy that day.
2. My family. Any and all of them. It is so fun to be with them.
3. A Packers win. Just watching them play makes me happy, but I'm happier when they win. Actually I just love any football.
4. Beach & Pizza. It's a great date.
5. My dog, Dakota. He is such a great dog, he makes me laugh, he protects me. He has my fathers soul.
6. Flowers. Not bouquets from a florist, live ones growing everywhere, blowing in the breeze.
7. Paper. New paper from the scrap store. It inspires my imagination.
8. Cole's Fried Chicken, greens, candied yams, cornbread. Soul Food, nuff said.
9. A good Margarita. Any thing seems possible with one in your hand.
10. My hubby. I guess when I still get goosebumps just looking at him after 20 years, it must be love.
11. Travel. Some days I just need to know that soon I am going somewhere, anywhere, away from here.
12. Cheesecake Factory. It should be a sin.
13. Rain & Laughter & Lawn mowers running in the afternoon. Rain and Laughter are the best two free sounds in the whole wide world. Lawn mowers running relax me, I don't know why, it must be the constant hum going back and forth, rocking my mind to sleep.
What is your Baker's Dozen?
:J







