Since we have family all over the US, family who watches the news, everyone has been calling. "Are those fires anywhere near you?" I appreciate all the concern, but really people pull out a map!
When I tell people I am from Florida, the first thing they say is, "Oh we'll come visit when we go to Disney World!" The look of sadness on their face when I tell them it is 7 hours to Disney from my house, tells me it wasn't ME they wanted to visit, they were looking for a free bed while they visit Mickey!
So the answer is Yes, we are near the wildfires, there is one burning about 6 miles from where I am sitting right now. But it is not the wildly burning one that is blocking all the DISNEY traffic, or featured on the World News.
We are safe, no woods near us, occasionally there is smoke from the local wildfire but today it was clear.
Thanks for all the concern. If I need a water buffalo, you will be the first to know. And, if you want to see sugar white beaches, the Naval Aviation Museum, or just to see what how "the other Florida" lives, I have a spare room.
Too all my friends who live in the "real Florida" stay safe, I hope the winds blow the smoke away from all us.
:J







