What a day! We started with breakfast with the Career & Technical people from all over the county. Such a great group who are often overlooked for their contributions to educating our growing workforce. Awesome speaker from the Chamber of Commerce, he spoke on the trends in our area for demanding jobs, Nursing, Elder Care, Hospital care,(let's face it, the baby boomers are getting old!) and the other job? Computer languages! He spoke of a recent high school graduate from West Tech who was offered a 6 figure income straight out of HS! Computer related! So when is my West Tech grad with interest in both the medical field and computers going to get one of those jobs and support his mama??? LOL!
Our retirement luncheon afterward was a blast! Of course I saw all the little details that I thought were wrong, but everyone else didn't and had a wonderful time! Many great stories about the retirees where shared, tears shed and memories made. I will truly miss the both of them once the offical time comes, Jackie later this week and Mr. S later in June. Wonderful people, born leaders who loved what they did!
I am glad it's over, only one more luncheon to go at the end of June. WHEW! Afterwards I went back to work to finish some stuff up for the teachers and then I came home and took a long nap!
I leave you with a tag that is going around. I think Dee got me, I tag Cindy & Shar, Wendy & Ruth!
My Name: Jayne
1. Famous Singer/Band: Jackson 5
2. 4 letter word: Just
3. Street: Jump Street ( okay I know it was a TV show)
4. Color: Juniper
5. Gifts/Presents: Jewels!
6. Vehicle: Jeepney
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Junk!
8. Boy Name: Jason
9. Girl Name: Jelaney
10. Movie Title: Jericho
11.Drink: Jim Beam
12. Occupation: Justice of Supreme Court
13. Flower: Jonquil
14. Celebrity: Jim Belushi
15. Magazine: Jet!
16. U.S. City: Jacksonville
17. Pro Sports Teams: Jaguars
18. Fruit: Juicyfruit
19. Reason for Being Late for Work: JailTime!
20. Something You Throw Away: Junk!
21. Things You Shout: JEEZ!
22. Cartoon Character: Jiminy Cricket







