It seems like lately if I have more than a few days off, I take off for parts unknown or known. My gypsy blood must be flowing freely, because I love to pack a bag and go.
It's probably the fact that the kids are on their own, or at least self sufficent. I have no practices to taxi to, no homework to help with, and no booster club meeting I am needed at. My husband and dog would love for me to stay put. We love each other's company. The dog always wants someone to throw his ball for him. But to me there is such a wonderful world out there yet to explore, places to go, people to see.
But I'm forcing myself. Beginning June 8th, I have four days off in a row. The itch to travel is burning. I even thought about traveling north to visit my brother. Even looked up flights and can get a pretty good deal. But then I stopped and thought about it.
I just got back from a cruise, and another weekend visiting Karen in Jax. I'm going for a girl's scrap weekend at the end of June, two weeks later I go to St. Pete for a conference for work, then the first of August I'm going to another scrap weekend.
So I'm forcing myself to ignore this gypsy blood in my soul. I'm staying home. As much as I want to see my brother, as much as I want to visit my hometown, the Mississippi River, black dirt, houses more than 25 yards apart and some gravel country roads, I have to stay home.
I can get alot done in 4 days at home. My house could get cleaned, I could get my flower beds cleaned out, more flowers planted. I could cook 4 meals in a row! I could scrap. I could go to the beach. I could clean closets. I could lay in the pool and read a book all day. So it would be good to stay home for 4 days.
But then I'll keep checking flights....just in case there is too good of a deal to pass up!
:J







