One of my favorite scrapsites, has posted a blog challenge of listing your favorite 5 vacations. Wow! That's a toughie for me. Anytime I can be on a vacation has to be my favorite time. But I can name a few from that list here. It should be my favorite 1o vacations, that would hit the tip of my vacation iceburg.
1. Number one has to be family reunion time. Whether it's in Wisconsin with the in-laws, West Virginia with my mother's side of the family, Illinois with my immediate family, or when everyone comes here and we rent a beach house, reunions are my favorite vacation. I love being with family, just hanging, taking pictures and listening to stories.
2. When you think of reunions, second best reunion type get togethers are girls weekends! I think girls weekends were introduced to me by my sister. She and a friend of hers came down here and the 3 of us rented a beach condo for a weekend. It was so nice to get away from all the testostrone in my house and be with the girls. Since then, girls weekends are a necessity, whether it's with my sister, my best friend Karen in Jax, or the HT girls. Girls weekends Rock!
3. Saints/Packers game in New Orleans with Rob & Steph. My hubby has been a life long Packers fan. Rob is a lifelong Saints fan. Rob & DH were stationed together in HS-11 and then we all made a transfer to Pcola for shore duty. When the Packers played the Saints in New Orleans one year we went "home" with Rob & Steph to attend the game. No kids. We had a blast. Touring NO, the game and eating every two hours. Not just eating, but eating cajun food! The best part, more Packer fans in the Superdome than Saints fans and cheering the Packers to victory!
4. My first cruise. May 2007. Determined to "experience it all" I did. Well all but the parasailing. That wasn't my fault tho, Linda and I were signed up but the boat broke down. But I did everything else on this scrapbooking cruise, including getting my hair braided, getting hypnotized and kissing Senor Frog! Such fun!
5. Going to Colorado with DH no kids. Okay so the wedding was cancelled. But we went anyway. Spent a day in Estes Park, saw relatives, and had fun without having to worry about anyone but ourselves.
Vacations are the best of times. So many new experiences, I loved watching the kids discover new things when they were little. So much of this America yet to see. Now that I have my passport, I will travel!
:J







