Wednesday, July 11, 2007

More from the Beach

I thought that I loved my beaches where I live, but I am starting to really like the beaches here in St. Pete. Maybe because staying right here on the beach makes the beach life so convienent. I really don't get to the beach as much as I would like at home.
During one of my walks, I came across this castle someone built on the sand. Isn't it gorgeous!
 

Last night we drove to Ft. DeSoto to see 2005's Number One Beach. It was gorgeous! We walked til sunset and then turned around and walked back. Not a fast walk, just leisurely, picking up shells, letting the waves dance on our toes. Ahhh! the life! The closer it got to sunset, the more birds came around. I think this is a blue heron, or some kind of heron. He watched us and posed for several pictures before we both parted ways.
 

Last night's walk made me think about how I take my beach for granted. It's rare I take a break to just go walk the beach. A little sand between the toes can make all the world's stress disappear, and put everything back into perspective. Go be a tourist in your town. Appreciate your world. It will make a world of difference!

:J
Posted by Picasa