Patrick knows how to spend a hot summer afternoon. This is where I found him when I came home Friday afternoon. He cuddled up with his cat, Boots and a good book on the loveseat. He really is awake and reading. Isn't he just a handsome boy! I wish I could snuggle and cuddle him like I used to when he was little. Now I just get a hug and a "love ya mom".
We had a busy 24 hours while he passed the afternoon reading. Shortly after I took his picture, his Aunt Susie and Uncle Truman arrived. They were here to pick up their camper. Always generous to their nephews, they lent DS1, Daniel, their camper for the weekend while he was here.
Susie and I had to shop while we were together, it's just unAmerican if we don't. So we hit HL, JO's, Mike's and Target. Halfway through the HL visit, the hubbies called and said they were HUNGRY! So we met them at the Shrimp Basket for yummy dinner and went back to HL after. Of course I always spend more money than she does! I did find this cool container at Target. Actually, Susie, being the good sister she is, showed it to me. Great storage for my stamps! I can also buy another set and it will attach to the bottom of these and I can go on and on and build a tower! Great for crops! This one is about 6 x 10 and the bottom tier has two trays that divide it into six sections. But you don't have to use the trays. I'm hoping they will go on sale this week as they were in the "Back to College" section. But even at 6.99 they were a bargain!
When Felicia and Dan were here she left me a Thank You card for all the scrapsupplies I gave her. DH said she loved being in my room. She will have to come over another time when I can give her more stuff and tell her how to use it.
Today, we went over to my friend Jackie's. Jackie gave Susie a huge huge bookcase thingy that Susie is going to put in her scraproom. It will be really nice for her. I just didn't have room for it in my room, it was that big! I do need the storage tho! My scraproom is a MESS!
We also ran to Gigi's to see what scrapstuff she had. It was really busy in there, lots of beach vacationers in there. Gigi carries alot of local laser cuts and beachy stuff for that crowd. I didn't buy much tho!
All the shopping made me hungry so after Susie and Truman left, I scrounged in the cupboard for something to tie me over til dinner. I found plaintain chips I had forgotten I bought last comissary trip. YUMMY! Now I just can't eat the whole bag like I want to!
I'll post my answers to the blog challenge later. My 5 favorite vacations. What are yours?
:J








