Saturday, July 21, 2007

News, Blues and Smooze








Yesterday was a great day for me. It was quiet at work, restful at home and a perfect start to the weekend. Old friends came by that I hadn't seen all summer, and there's a buzz at school that starts about now, anticipation of school starting.
First of all I have to mention the two summer custodian ladies who cleaned the windows on our side of the hallway. They also did the trophy cases. Those trophy cases haven't been cleaned in the four years I've been there! They dusted each glass shelf and every trophy! It just gleams! I didn't get their names, but I thanked them every time I walked by them. I may have to find some goodies for them!
Here are our world famous NAVY precision flying team, the Blue Angels! This is Blues on the Beach weekend. They did an airshow yesterday and will do one today, weather permitting. Only 4 of them got to fly yesterday as one of the pilots had sinus trouble. Seems to be going around here right now.
We won't go to the beach, we will go to the homecoming airshow in November with all the cousins that will be here for the family reunion that week. They are awesome if you ever get a chance to see them.
You can tell that the teachers know that it's about time for the schedules to be done for classes. It was like old home week yesterday. I got to see a few of my favorite people, including the newlyweds, Cheyana & JW. They just got back from their 5 week honeymoon trip in Europe. They backpacked most of it, staying in hostels and camping. They sure did alot! JW ran with the bulls in Spain (and got hurt, cracked two ribs and skinned up good, but okay now), they saw the Coliseum, Venice and Rome, and Spain. Chey said Spain was her favorite. They also said they must be getting old as the people in the hostels partied too late into the night for them! Ah yes kids that's the first sign!

I'm just glad they took this trip now while they are young, in-love, etc. How many of us dream of doing something like this and never do? I really admire them for taking off like this!

I'm so glad too that they took the plunge and got married. I helped Chey plan the first prom at our HS. Oh and the poinsettia sale! How could I forget how we financed the prom. Chey's classroom was a mass of poinsettias. So beautiful and we sold every one. Well the kids helped tooo!

I had adopted JW when he was a lonely, first year teacher here from Nebraska. He was so skinny and stayed so busy coaching and teaching that I worried about him and brought him leftovers. This was after he told me he would make a huge bowl of spaghetti on Sunday and eat on it all week! Poor kid! Now they are so happy together and such a cute couple! But what do I do with the leftovers?
JW is a CUBS Fan like me, I told him if the Cubs start losing now that he is home, his butt is going back to Europe on the next plane! GO CUBS!

Have to show you these tooo! Aren't the the cutest little pencil sharpeners? I found them at CVS while I was waiting for my sinus medicine. 3/99 cents! I think I will throw one in my scrapbag, one in my desk at work and one here at the house in the desk.
We can never find a pencil sharpener around here! Even my electric one has been put somewhere in all the computer desk shuffling we did. I wonder how long it took a little Chinee to put them together? And really how much could they have cost to make? Anyway they are cute and I had to have them!
Well, I guess house work is not going to quit calling me until I answer the call. I'm off to vacuum, do some laundry and UGH! Clean the bathroom. TaTA!
:J