Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Day at the Fair

It's fair week here in the Panhandle. We've got beautiful weather for it, the fair always brings cooler weather. I've been enjoying it all, taking it all in and people watching.
In the AgriVenture barn I made butter, all by myself. Did you know if you put whipping cream in a closed container and shake, shake, shake it, you will get a lump of butter? It only took a few minutes too! YUMMY!
The ladies & gentlemen of the Art Study club have been a hoot. They are right across from the scrapbooking booth and have kept me entertained completely. I've enjoyed talking to them about their paintings, and their adventures. Such interesting people.
I ventured into the Homemaker's barn the other day, and bought a sackful of goodies to share with the family. Dill Pickles, Jalepeno Peppers, 4 Berry Jelly, Chocolate chip bread, and Blueberry muffins. I'm so glad those little old ladies can, so I can buy it! YUMMMY!
I love to look at the 4-H exhibit. I know from many years in 4-H how much hard work goes into those projects. Tonite is the 4-H livestock auction, which I'd love to see. It's kinda sad tho, the kids have raised their animals (cows & pigs here) for a year and now they sell them to the highest bidder, and well, you know what happens next. Do you know the kids walk their animals twice a day and they get to be like puppies following them?
I'll be back with pictures. Soon.
:J