We awoke about 3 a.m. to the rumblings of a storm moving through. I love storms like this one, you hear it coming miles before it ever reaches you. Rumbling constantly in the distance, while rain patters on the rooftop. I lay there and listened, to the rumbling and the rain, as the lightning faintly lit the walls. It was a good half hour before we got one of the big booms that shakes you in bed. Our storm boomed another half hour before it faintly rumbled on. All morning since, our sky has been pouring rain and rumbles come now and then. It's a good thing, we need rain, it's been over a month since we've had any.
So, what in life has consumed me? I had a visit from my sister. She keeps me busy shopping. I hadn't been in JoAnn's in over a month, so it was good to get there. We visited Home Goods. Where believe it or not, I found a set of mixing bowls that I need. You would think after 25+ years of keeping house I wouldn't need mixing bowls, but I do. I am kicking myself for not buying them and am hoping they are still there when I get back to that side of town. We also did Hobby Lobby where I bought my fair share of fall decor. I came home and wound some leaves around my lamps, added a few pumpkins, acorns and pine cones and voila!
What do you think??? Of course I didn't just do this for fun, although fall is my favorite season. I did this because I was having a few friends over for cardmaking in celebration of World Cardmaking day! We had so much fun with my Stampin' Up pal Sharon. She is such a talented lady and we all loved our cards!
As you know we are comsumed with football at this house also. Not a good football weekend for us. Our HS varsity team lost, hubby's Badger's lost, and his Packer's lost. On top of that our Cubbies lost.
There were a few highlights to our football weekend. I won our weekly U pick em football pool. No monetary value til the end of the season, but it feels good when you're the only girl in the group! Our greatnephew in Colorado, Ben, started his first game at QB and threw 3 touchdowns! That's the most by a QB in his league so far this year! He's in 3rd grade.
Here's hubby talking to the refs before the game Friday. Maybe it was something he said??

Yesterday was a Monday. I was consumed all day yesterday with making a sample schedule using the new curriculum for next year. I think it blew them away at the meeting. :) YEAH! I showed them what was doable, and this new curriculum is not going to be as bad as we all think. As the boss says, "we are just going to have to change the way we fundamentally do business." I'm feeling better about it now that I've put it on paper.
The fair is coming! The fair is coming! Next week our fair starts for ten days. I can almost assure you that I will be a very bad blogger then! I will work all day and fair it all night! I'm chair of the Scrapbooking and Cardmaking division, and while it's lots of fun! It's lots of work! Come see me!
Til then, have a wondermous day!
:J







