Wednesday, October 01, 2008

His Proud Coachie Moment

Last night was like most of the nights at our house during football season. I came home from work and started supper, so that as soon as my hungry husband came home from football practice, we could eat. We had a nice meal, I made a shrimp boil with potatoes, onions and corn.
During dinner I remembered I needed to go to the drugstore to pick up a prescription. Hubby volunteered to take me. We get there, pick up the prescription and as we are checking out, the cute young thing behind the counter asks "Are you a football coach?" He beamed. Then she asked "do you know so n so?" "He's so hot!" and he beamed again because yes, he did know that boy, it's one of his lineman, one of his better linemen, one he's known since he was 4. So they continued the conversation about this HOT lineman. Not that she liked him, but her friend does. But she knew about his tattoo on his back..
When we got to the car, hubby was amazed she knew he was a coach. "How did she know?" he asked. Gee dear, I dunno, not many 50+ year old men walk around in high school football shirts. Oh, but he didn't have his hat or his coachie shorts on, so he was amazed she knew. Maybe it was the ear to ear grin when they were talking about his boy that gave it away.