Friday, October 03, 2008

Football Friday

The weeks are just flying by and it's hard to believe that we are half way through HS football season. It was almost perfect football weather last night. There was a nice chill in the air. Just a bit cooler and it would have been perfect.
I would have been downright cold tho. I was chilled because I didn't bring a jacket. I did wear long sleeves, and thankfully, shoes. But sitting up top the bleachers at my favorite spot, I was getting chilly.
We did win, 20-8. That makes the JV undefeated. So our household is happy for another day. A victory tonite would bring happiness for a week. So let's hope varsity holds out for a win.
We celebrated the JV win with dinner at Chili's. It was nice getting out after cooking all week! I was starving. I didn't go to the concession stand as it didn't open until right at kick off. Once I'm in my seat, I don't like to miss anything!
It's funny now to watch as people have staked out their places in the stands. Pretty much sitting in the same place every week, no matter where the stadium. I like the 50 yard line almost all the way to the top. You will never see me all the way at the top, I'm to scared of heights for that.
This weekend begins my jam packed rest of October. I have a stampin get together Sunday, so I'll spend tomorrow preparing for that. Then it will be time to get hot and heavy into the fair preparations. Nothing huge, but little things that take time.
I'm looking forward to the Farmer's Market this week. After last Saturday's score on the veggies and flowers, I'm stoked! I also need to hit HL but I think I will wait til my sister gets here. We can do that Saturday night. So it looks like my agenda is the Farmer's Market, commissary, home to bake, and then HL. Any one want to join me?
:J