Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ramblings, ramblings

I promised pictures so we will start with those. I have to show you the day we set up the booth. This is what the fairgrounds looked like outside our building. Barren
 

A few days later they were setting up the rides, we always have the ferris wheel right outside our door, and this year they added a small roller coaster. It had an oriental theme.
 

Then finally here is the same spot when people were there. The booth right outside our door had American Indians who played a mouth harp and a guitar while they sold jewelry and other items. Their music was beautiful and soothing. So nice.
 

Finally a picture of some of our booth. We had over 50 entries, I couldn't fit them all in one picture!
 
I'll try to post pictures of the winners in our division soon. I have pictures of the scrapbook pages, but not the cards.
I was disappointed that my pictures of the livestock auction did not turn out. GRRRR! I really need to get a new camera. Speaking of, I played with the new school camera today. A Canon. Yeah I knew you were going to ask which one. I don't know, but it was awesome!!! I'm thinking seriously about getting myself one for Christmas.

Our audit at work is almost over. Tomorrow we get to hear what they have to say. I hope it's good. If the food and entertainment were what they were judging us on, we'd be fine! Our meet and greet Monday night went well. Well, except the Superintendant didn't even show. Him or any of his croonies. But all the important people were there, all the vocational people from downtown. I'm sure the super had much more important things to do. We had a great time anyway.
I got to go to all the lunches with them, yesterday our culinary department served coq au vin and a lamb dish. The coq au vin was devine! OMY! and the lamb, well it wasn't my choice at all, but our chef coaxed me into trying it. OMY! If you wouldn't have told me, I wouldn't think it was lamb. Not like the last lamb I ate which tasted like a wet mitten. The lamb was delicious with onions and mushrooms, ohhh yummmy! They also made homemade ice cream and an apple desert that was like an open faced pie. Cravable! Today was Mahi Mahi with shrimp and crabcakey stuffing. Yummy! The dessert was homemade sherbet, not as good as yesterday, but yummy all the same. Everyone raved about the meals. Let's hope they rave about our school.
Going to lunch with the group gave me a chance to get to know them and realize what a small world it is. One of the ladies, is from a small town in Utah, Logan. Alot of us read a blog written by a woman from Logan, Sophia. Thanks to Sophia I was able to chat with this lady about her town, her new hobby lobby, the snow that they got last week. But the amazing conversation came from the other woman in the group. She was from Louisiana. We chatted away and I found out she was retired from Voc Ed for two years. Since then she has been traveling, visiting her children, including her son who is in the army. Now I have to say this woman has an unusual last name and when I saw it, I thought I wonder if she is related to so and so who used to post on one of my favorite message boards, KnK. So we were chatting about her son and where he's been stationed, her grandchildren, his two boys, and then in the conversation she mentioned her son's wife's name, Linda. So I said, "Is she a scrapbooker?" and when she said yes, I about died! "I think I've chatted with her!" I exclaimed. It is amazing how small this world is!
So tomorrow brings another day. Hopefully a good one. I promise more pictures. I do.
:J
Posted by Picasa