Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday!

It's Mardi Gras season and I haven't even indulged! Well, I've been indulging I guess, but not in typical Mardi Gras fashion. I've been too busy for the parades, red beans and rice, and debauchery. I've been a busy girl, getting ready to go on a three week whirlwind trip.
I'll be in Tallahassee this week for work, then the weekend I'm going to visit my sister in Alabama. I'll be home for 4 days to pack and get ready for the Hilltop Memories 2009 Cruise! Wooo hooo! Then I'll be gone for that for almost a week! Geez, I hope my leave forms are all approved!
Yesterday I had a fun and inspiring day with Marianne Walker from Copic. She gave us a wealth of information on all things Copic and some nice goodies in our bag. Check them out! Don't you love that wide marker? See the skinny little black pen, that's an atyou Spica pen, and if you love glitter, that's your pen!!
It's not like gel pens, it has tiny bits of glass in the ink. It's soo cool! I want the whole set!
 

I had a great day not only learning, but meeting people. The day was sponsored by a local online store that I didn't even know existed, Flourishes. I was so excited to learn about them! Lots of neat goodies in their store, and they design their own stamps. I'll be shopping with them for sure! They had sponsored an all weekend Stamping retreat, (again, didn't know about it). It sounded like all the ladies had loads of fun!
I met quite a few new people and a few old friends, including a girl I'd been introduced to last time I was home visiting my brother! He had introduced me to a lady at breakfast one morning, saying, "she's a scrapbooker like you" actually she's a stamper, but it's all good. Yesterday she walked by me and I thought "gosh,she looks familiar" at first, I actually thought she was an art teacher from one of the elementary schools. Then later she came up and introduced her self saying "I'm Karen W, and I'm from NW IL." My radar went up and I said, "Where in IL?" and she went on to say it was a small town on the Mississippi River and that we'd probably never heard of it. I asked her to repeat her name and she said it again. I said you're from Savanna! She was so surprised I knew and I asked if she knew my brother, she did and then we both realized we'd met! Talk about old home week!
When I went to dinner with her and a few of her hotel mates that evening, I met a girl from Punta Gorda, Kathy W, who know my KnK friends, GerriAnn and Barb!!! Talk about a small world!
You never know who you are going to meet in this world. In the end I had a great time and ended up with this.
Wanna learn how to use your Copics?? I can teach you!
 
Posted by Picasa