Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Shoes

Another sunny morning has greeted me, and although it's a bit chilly, it promises to warm up and be a beautiful day!
I've a few friends coming over later for a Stampin' Up! party, so how can it get any better than this?
Did you ever have Saturday shoes when you were growing up? Maybe they weren't for just Saturday, but play shoes. When you slipped them on they were so comfy and relaxing? Shoes like that would just change your entire frame of mind, they just sighed, "Ahhhhh!"

I remember having different pairs of play shoes throughout my growing years. Just basic tennis shoes, I'm sure mine were keds. I remember a red pair that I wore out. My feet grew too big for them, and soon they were replaced by a pair of stiff new shoes that weren't quite as comfy as those old ones.
The summer that I was allowed to ride my bike to the pool alone for the first time, I had a pair of brown sandals. Nothing fancy, brown sandals with some brass rings on them. I see sandals almost like them almost every year, but never quite the same sandal. I wore those sandals out too. I remember they showed my tan line on my feet. I was so proud of that tan line. I think I was in 4th grade that year. Just starting to care about things like tan lines.

Yesterday, during Friday retail therapy, I found my newest pair of Saturday shoes. They screamed my name and told me to put an outfit back on the rack that I'd already chosen. We argued over the 3 pair of sandals I already had in my cart. In the end we both won, as the Saturday shoes were in the cart with the three pair of sandals.
 


I know of the four pair of footwear I brought home yesterday, which will be the most loved and worn. They slip right on my feet, enveloping them in an AHHHHHH! of comfort. Most importantly, they take me back to those carefree childhood Saturdays, were my biggest worry was where to play today.
Posted by Picasa