Tuesday, May 26, 2009

3 Days in the Life

I tried so hard not to leave the house this weekend. I was thinking about maybe going to the beach on Monday. Of course, that was our yuckiest day, so the day I wanted to leave the house I didn't.
Saturday was an off and on rainy day. I stayed in my jammies til after noon, but I cleaned house in them. Cleaned the kitchen top to bottom, inside and out. I pitched and I repurposed. All my cookbooks are in one place now, on a bookcase. I'd take pictures, but yard sale junk is piled in front of it. I think I have 70 cookbooks if you count those little ones you pick up at the checkout. I still don't have the one I really want. My brother still has it, it was my mom's. But I did google it and I can buy it on the web. The United States Regional Cookbook (C) 1947. It has all the good dishes in it that my mom cooked.
When I finished cleaning the kitchen, I decided to wash all the curtains in the house. So I did. Except the living room curtains, I had to leave something for this weekend. All that was done by 2 p.m., so Rick and I went to Foley to pick up an order at the Scrapbook store for a friend. She's on vacation, and the order was Owires for a class she's teaching in a few weeks. The big local crop is the first weekend in June. She's teaching, I'm teaching. Wanna come? I think there are still openings.
Sunday, was a lazy day. No major cleaning really, unless you count all the ceiling fans in the house, and the windowsills. I planted a few flowers I'd bought. Rick and Patrick were reading so I grabbed my book and finished it, Blue Dahlia and started another, Red Lily. Both by Nora Roberts. Family reading time, how sweet.
We also did grocery shopping. That's always fun.
Monday, I played in the scraproom and did laundry. Rick fixed my laptop, and worked in the yard. We are so exciting, aren't we? We grilled steaks, twice baked potatoes and asparagus. I am tired of cooking. I cooked all weekend, breakfast and supper, all three days. Some people who know me have passed out reading that. and for those who haven't, I actually cooked Thurs, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I made Patrick make wings tonite for dinner.
That's it. Now I have to go thank the hubby for fixing my laptop and drilling holes in all the dominoes for the class. Is that TMI?

P.S. The lilacs on the blog header are from my hometown in IL. My friend, Julie, was home this past weekend and took the picture. I snagged it from her facebook page. Thanks Julie!