At least for awhile. I realized this about an hour ago when I let the dog out at one a.m.. For the past few months when ever I let the dog out in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning, I cherished the greeting of the coolness of the day to my face. Until just now.
I opened the door, briefly pausing to feel that rush of cool air. It wasn't there. Instead, I was greeted with the heaviness and warmth of that all to familiar muggy, summer air. I'm afraid I won't see another cool breeze until October.
So summer has arrived for us. While most of the nation is waking from under the snow, and delighting in the blooming flowers of spring, we've turned hot & wilting. Is it too late to move north for the summer? I could, if I bought a plane ticket every weekend, flew north on Thursday night to enjoy a cool, northern weekend, only to fly home Sunday night for work Monday.
I don't miss the cool breezes during the week. Our building is like a deep freeze all summer long. I have known people to wear long johns to work in July. So I think I'll become a weekend snowbird. I love my weekends.







