I have to admit, I don't always look forward to Mother's Day. Especially lately, since my boys have scattered in different directions and this house is so much quieter than it used to be when three boys reigned supreme. I wasn't even looking forward to this Mother's Day to tell the truth.
We'd all just been together for the wedding last week. I didn't think anything could top that. It was such a great weekend. I knew that Dan & Felicia would be working this weekend, especially Sunday, since they work in the food industry. I doubted Kevin would drive home, especially since Erica was in Orlando at her parents, seeing her sister, BIL, and new nephew, who'd just arrived home from a tour in Japan. I'd resolved that it would be a low key day, and I'd planned to spend it scrapping.
So Saturday we cleaned house all morning, Saturday afternoon I hit the beach with my friend Linda. We took her hubby's new, old yellow Jeep. He threatened us both over the phone from Texas, that we'd best not go sand duning, we'd best not get stuck anywhere, and we sure wouldn't get the top off of it. Well Linda had the top off before I even got there. But we didn't go sand duning. But we did call him back and ask how to get unstuck, just to set his heart racing. It was a wonderful day at the beach and we sat and chatted the afternoon away. I thought that would be the highlight of a low key weekend.
But not, I woke up Sunday to an extra son on the sofa. Kevin drove home from Tally, just to spend the day with me! I was charmed! So he did, he spent the day.
We started of at the commissary, I needed groceries desperately. He benefited to, since they were having their case lot sale. We stocked up on TP, Body Soap, Granola bars and water for him. We bought odds and ends of stuff we use. After we got home, he even helped put the groceries all away.
The boys made me lunch, waiting on me hand and foot. Such a strange feeling. After lunch we went outside and I lounged on the swing, reading my book, listening to the Cub's game and napping, while the guys did odds and ends in the yard. Kevin scrubbed the upper deck furniture. It looked so nice when he got done! Patrick baked me chocolate chip cookies and made potato salad for dinner. Rick grilled brats and it was a perfect ending to an almost perfect day.
We get to continue it as Tuesday Daniel & Felicia will be over to celebrate again! I just love Mother's day! This celebration can go on and on!







