I found a grove of Cypress knees that reminded me of little gnomes frozen in time. I have never seen so many of these knees in one place. Usually the river is higher and these knees are under water, supplying the Cypress trees on the riverbanks with much needed water. Cypress knees are protected, in years past they were harvested to make craft items. I'm glad they will be preserved for future generations, they seem so ancient standing proud together.
At one point in the weekend a few of us sat looking around the room in awe of the amount of money invested in supplies in this room. Jules counted 39 large AMM Totally Cool Totes of every color. That meant more than half the women attending had a tote. I wonder how many pieces of paper were in the room? This is only a third of the room, and although it seemed crowded, we had plenty of room to stretch out and scrap.I
I have to close with a Thank you to St. Anthony of Padua. Recently, I feel like I am losing my mind. In the past month I have lost my vehicle ID for work (that I had just been given), then my Jump Drive and office keys, and finally last weekend I lost my Scrappy glue and a pair of scissors. Prayers have been going up to St. Anthony unceasingly. Today he answered with my Vehicle ID. I found it in my hooded sweatshirt pocket that I wore our first cold Friday. Thankfully now I can park in Admin parking, closer to the building, a blessing on these cold days. Now Tony, how bout those keys, jump drive, scissors and glue. Lead me to them! Especially the jump drive and keys, the drive has my genealogy records on it, and the keys...well I don't want to have to tell my Principal I need new keys.The scissors and glue? Heck I can replace them.
May your prayers be answered.
:J







