Friday, January 05, 2007

It's been a busy week, I've tried to post pictures a few times, but blogger doesn't want to cooperate.
I've been working on a baby album for my friend, Jackie. Her son and his wife gave her her first granddaughter in October. It is so fun doing something in pink!
I've been visiting my sister, Susie all week. We've had lots of fun, scrappin', organizing her new scraproom, and shoppin'. I have spent way too much money, but got some great things. Likw this and I ordered this They match my big tote, which I totally love!
But I've noticed somethings too this week which bother me. My sister is starting to act her age. I'm not saying she is old, but she is 16 years older than me. She's getting slower, forgetful and easily frustrated. It really is sad for me, as she is the one who I've always looked to for help, answers and advice. Now the role is reversing, much like when a parent who ages looks to their children for help. While I am more than happy to help, and I always will, it's also a reminder that I am getting older also. It reminds me that our days together are getting shorter, and makes me cherish them more. My visits need to be more frequent, more pictures taken and more stories exchanged. But days should be like that with everyone in our lives, as they are what is most important.
:J