Monday, July 28, 2008

Words From the Woods

It's been almost a week since I last blogged. I know, I know. I'm in the woods, where even the dial up is slower than life. I'm not complaining, it's wonderful here. I love the slowness of the day and when you are enjoying family, you want the days to be slow, if not stopped.
My luggage didn't get here the same day as me. It took a side trip to Detroit. Two days later, after I'd bought some things to wear, (oh no! a shopping trip?) it arrived on our doorstep.
I didn't get to wear my "Thanks 4 the Memories" shirt to the Shareholders meeting at Lambeau, but I certainly didn't let THAT stop me from going. We had a wonderful day there, and it was an awesome experience to be a part of. I was even part of filming a Citgo commercial that will air during the Packer games.
The reunion Saturday was great fun and I held my own with the relatives again. As if there were any doubt about that! Rick's cousin, Bobby John, made a comment how the older generation can really bake and the younger (ours) doesn't. HA! He has not lived that down yet. He will be besieged with Christmas cookies this year from several of us. We also discussed that the older generation is more servient than our generation, and we assured him that was something that was NOT going to change!
It was a day filled with much love and laughter, especially from our end of the get together.
Sarah and I have had long walks in the country, the flowers are gorgeous, the Sand Hill Cranes and deer have provided lots of company as have the rabbits and birds in abundance. I love it! We encountered a young Amish man riding a horse on our first walk and I think he was enamoured with Sarah! LOL! But then so was the 70+ year old man who offered to hold her grocery list at the store.
We shopped one day in Oshkosh, but I've yet to get into a scrapstore. That will happen tomorrow. We've been busy buying up the yummy veggies (Kolarobi?) and I found a handmade quilt at a yard sale for $20 that looks brand new. Of course you are asking where are all the pictures of these things? We're on dial up and I am not patient in that area. I promise to add pictures!
My four year old great niece, Anastasia, found out that four year olds do not have the corner on hissy fits. After she threw her umteenth hissy of the weekend, I threw one right back. She stopped, and looked, and stared, and finally remarked to her grandmother, "She looks silly!" and now she realizes how silly SHE looks. We all laughed at that lesson learned.
I'm off for a meeting at the church for the Christmas bazaar. I've made a few things for them and every week they meet to work on things so we are going. Tomorrow I head to my brother's in IL for an overnite visit, then it's back to the woods for a few more days. I probably won't blog, I'm not a patient dial up person. There are a few modern day conviences I've learned I can't live without. But the rest, I leave behind and spend the rest of my life here, in the woods.
:J