Which means it's the weekend! The AP let me leave at 2:15 as it was only her and I left in the building other than the custodians. I had finshed my list of things to do, and cleaned my desk! "Go Home" she said. So I did!
I met Patrick pulling out of the neighborhood as I was pulling in, and signaled him to come back home. Today is Patrick's 20th Birthday! MY BABY is 20! His day didn't start so good, at 5:30ish a police officer knocked on the door to return his wallet to him. Apparently he had left it in the car and the car unlocked. They got all his tip money for the week, he wouldn't tell me how much, and his driver's license and military ID also a few gift cards he had in his wallet. The Military ID has his and hubby's ss# on it. So that has sent panic into our world. It's such a violating feeling. And a crappy way to begin your 20th birthday.
So when he came home I gave him a pair of new Reef Sandals and $50. I thought he was going to cry. Instead he told me what the metal piece in the bottom of my Reef Sandals is for, it's a bottle opener! I did not know that! I thought it was some kind of cool support for my arches. Dang, not only does my baby turning 20 make me feel old, but thinking that is cool support for my arches and not a bottle opener makes me feel real old and as my brother would say, "losing my cool". I just know my Reefs are comfy. Now I can open all the Coronas I want! He told me some pairs even have flasks in the heel. What will they think of next?
So Happiest of Birthdays to you my son, world-wise that you are!
:J







